Monday, June 30, 2008

Sealion Part 2

Decided to pay a visit to the pond since we had a productive time previously.. They've changed the water for the pond because about 1 week already and it was drizzling when i was on my way there at about 8pm from sifu's place.
Reached and proceeded to get ready with our gears and check in at 8.20pm.. lots of people checking out empty handed.. i counted about 4 anglers coming out empty handed.. looks like fish is not biting.. i told my sifu.. "how.. fish not biting" he said "Since we're here.. check in only la"

Okie lor.. checked in and used my newly bought lemax President Royal 6 feet 8-17lbs test rod for the opening ceremony..

Rod : Lemax President Royal 6 feet
Reel : Ryobi Excia 4000
Line : Power Pro 30lbs
Leader : 50lbs Berkley Varnish flurocarbon leader
Hook : Kantuki Chinu size 1
Weight : size 2 1/2 sliding sinker.

After a few cast.. still no bites.. look around the pond and observed not much action around the pond. Then a guy beside me landed a Mangrove Jack on the float setup.. i looked at his catch and wonder to myself.. why no fish bite my line one? Just as i finish having the thought i reeled in my line little but little and it got stuck to something, lift up my rod and my rod bend into a "U" shape and line stripping out from my reel and reel screaming.. a hook up.. the fight fought very hard and after that the next trouble is we didn't bring a landing net.. so its kinda hard to land without a landing net.. then my sifu bend down and pull up the fish for me.. ahhh.. sigh of relief.. hehe..

A nice Mangrove Jack size 1.3kg .. didn't took the pic of the fish at that time cause hands is dirty from the baits and saltwater..

Then coming into the 2nd hour.. a few fishes landed here and there and i saw people using dead baits (kembong, selar, dead prawns) and scoring. Then i changed to a dead prawn and cast as far as i can possibly reach to the sangkar (fish net) and it landed below the fish net hehehe.. smiling as the cast is very good and waited.. as i waited and waited.. no bites and its already 1 1/2 hours through the fishing time d.. then as i was talking to my sifu i said "how come no fish bite my bait one.. "hhehe.. true enough as i pull in the line to check, the fish also pulled hehehe.. after some fight.. landed a 1.5kg Golden Snapper..

Overall i would say this is a very Good opening ceremony trip for my new 6ft Lemax President Rod.


The ever so strong Ang Cho (Golden Snapper)



Total Catches for 3 hours


Golden Snapper 1.5kg and 1.6 kg and Mangrove Jack 1.3 kg.

No comments: